The Atlantis Azores has set new standards in liveaboard diving in the Philippines and Asia. Azores is the perfect place from which to explore some of the best SCUBA diving in the world – we offer four distinct itineraries showcasing parts of the Philippines, or schedules only possible by liveaboard. What stays the same are the creature comforts, great food and welcoming crew.
• Construction: Aluminum Monohull
• Length: 107 feet; Beam: 18 feet; Draft: 7 feet, 1 inch
• Cruising Speed: 10 knots
• Range: 2,500 nautical miles
• Year Built: 1989; Year Refit: 2000/2005
• Builder: Seacraft Shipyard, Amelia, Louisiana
• State Rooms: 8; Passengers: 16; Crew: (6+)
Azores captains and crew members are professionally licensed as required by the law in which the vessel operates and they are required to comply with the Standard Operations Procedures. Dive instructors and Divemasters are trained and certified by national certification agencies.
January through to mid March is Whaleshark season in Southern Leyte; enjoy unrivaled snorkeling action with these gentle giants and dive some unspoiled walls and slopes during the week.
Safety equipment includes;
- First Aid Kit
- Oxygen System with 100% Demand
- Automatic Fire Extinguishers & Fire Fighting Equipment
- 406 EPIRB – Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons on the mother boat and both zodiacs
- Life Rafts
- Life Jackets with lights and whistles for all passengers and crew
Full complement of Safety and Rescue equipment. The crew conducts regular drills and rescue training.